June 2014 was a busy month…
- On June 1, I participated in the UPAF Ride for the Arts. This was my first registered bike event, so I guessed on the conservative side and signed up for the shorter 25-mile route. But it turned out to be easy and enjoyable, so next year I may go for longer.
- On June 14, I participated in the Bellin Run, for the third straight year. My finish time was 56:06, just a hair over my personal best (2013).
- My band, Whiskey Doubles, had our first performance, at Colectivo Coffee on the lake for Make Music Day. The first show went really well – can’t wait for our July shows.
- I read 2 books, including Our Magnificent Bastard Tongue, a terrific book on the origins of the English language; and Maya’s Notebook.
- I finally moved into my new house! I also spent a lot of time fixing it up – it’s a great house but there’s work to be done. Check out my progress this month.
- I cut bangs. 🙂