- After waiting for months to finally use my living room, our furniture (ordered in July!) arrived. This isn’t so much a big personal achievement as it is something that’s consumed a lot of my thought processes leading up until this moment. We also ordered a bunch of end tables, bookshelves, lamps, and other pieces to fill it all in. I finally have the coziest living room.
- My band Whiskey Doubles didn’t have any shows this month, but we focused hard on writing and rehearsing some new songs that I’m really excited about.
- Our new house had a frustrating leaky roof issue that took a lot of effort to get fixed. Initially I thought it was an issue with the door not sealing properly, but it turned out to be an issue with the roof. Took three different repair guys to finally get it right. (You can also file this in the “not interesting or creative, but a roadblock to be cleared before more interesting stuff happens” category.)
- I checked out Ghostbusters, which I’d never seen before, at Fish Fry & a Flick. Pretty cool seeing the movie projected onto the Discovery World building.
- I took pictures at Doors Open MKE.
- I read three books this month: The One & Only, by Emily Giffin; Shine Shine Shine, by Lydia Netzer; and Dear Committee Members, bu Julie Schumacher. LOVED Shine Shine Shine.
- I put funny cat claw covers on my cats to keep them from scratching the furniture or my face. They’ve tolerated them pretty well.